TEAM

  • Saraswoti Singh

    Museum Chief

  • Yamuna Maharjan
    Yamuna Maharjan

    Information Officer

ABOUT US

The National Art Museum was established in the premises of the historic Singh Dhwakha (Lion’s Gate) Palace at the Bhaktapur Durbar Square by the Archaeological Department of the Government of Nepal in July 1960. This portion of the Bhaktapur royal palace was built by King Bhupatindra Malla, the renowned patron of arts and culture in 1697. Either side of the entrance to the palace stands exquisite stone sculptures of the deity Hanu-Bhaurav and Nrisingha. Guarding these sculptures stands a pair of huge stone lions which gave the name of Singh Dhwakha for the palace.

National Art Museum

MAIN ATTRACTIONS

PUBLICATIONS